JBS-USA aims to provide a forum for Björling enthusiasts to meet & share information, experiences and ideas. We will celebrate & preserve the legacy of this unique artist & work to educate a new generation about Jussi's special gift.
We work in collaboration with the Jussi Björling Appreciation Society (U.K.), Jussi Björling Museum (Sweden), and the Scandinavian Jussi Björling (Sweden).
1. To preserve, promote and enhance the legacy of world-great Swedish tenor Jussi Björling by collecting and disseminating information on Björling's life and career (including discography news and reviews of performances), and to solicit members' comments aboutBjörling's work in opera and art song, and about issues relevant to classical music generally.
2. To that end, the Society will:
- Constantly work to issue or re-issue Björling’s singing in the best possible recorded sound;
- Produce, publish or disseminate DVDs, books, and other Björling materials;
Periodically present conferences - both in the United States and Sweden - covering aspects of Björling’s art and life, featuring recognized analysts and critics;
- Provide one annual scholarly JOURNAL and two “newsletters” of more current material to members;
- Provide the option for members to become associate members of the Jussi Björling Society (Sweden) and receive their publications.
3. To share information with opera groups and other associations (both in the US and abroad). The Society will work cooperatively with the Jussi Björling Museum in Sweden and other Björling Societies, including theJussi Björling Society (Sweden) and the British Jussi Björling Appreciation Society, in an effort to provide the most complete and current information available on this unique artist.
Board of Directors
JANEL E. LUNDGREN, president
ALLAN BUCHALTER, vice President / membership
SUE FLASTER, secretary
STEPHEN FISCHMAN, treasurer
PETER C. HAMMOND
WALTER B. RUDOLPH
Staff of the Journal of JBS-USA
JANEL E. LUNDGREN, editor
WALTER B. RUDOLPH
KRISTIAN KROGHOLM, recordings Editor
RICHARD COPEMAN, Britain
ENRIQUE GILARDONI, Chile
STEPHEN HASTINGS, Italy
HARALD HENRYSSON, Sweden